Saturday, September 17, 2011

Through the Eyes of a 15 Year Old

Through the Eyes of a Child

Through the eyes of an adult,
I see much, too much, reality
But through the eyes of a child,
I see the world as it isn’t but as I would like it to be
I visualize candy canes and sand castles
Replacing heartache and misery
I see love instead of hatred
I see happiness instead of anger
I see laughter instead of tears
I see honesty instead of lies
I see understanding instead of sarcasm
I see light instead of darkness
I see good instead of evil
I see security instead of fear
Most of all, through the eyes of a child, I see compassion
This is something I cannot see as clearly through the eyes of an adult,
It is gradually fading into another world
And, can only be seen through the eyes of a child.

-Mary Dorsett
January 23, 1984

WOW!!  I am sooooo glad I am still looking at the world through the eyes of a child.... that's the light!

No comments:

Post a Comment