Thursday, September 15, 2011

Quantity vs Quality – Another Choice

So…. Tell me……. How many things did you check off your list???  How many things impacted others?  How many things did you do well?     
This was my next mission.  As I was making my list, I not only had to sort and prioritize by quantity.  I had to sort by quality. There is a big difference between going through the mail and teaching your child the value in being responsible.  Both are daily responsibilities with totally different relevance to the list. Make sense?  We have to allow adequate time to make sure we do the things on the list well. 
Seeing how many things we can check off the list is exciting!  Seeing how many things we can check off the list and feel really good about the quality involved in them is even better!!!
I had to learn to make my list with these things in mind. And, it is soooo easy to try to get through all the “easy” things that don’t really take a lot of time and energy and leave the more time consuming things until the end of your day ….. and then at the end of your day, we are less productive and just don’t want to put all the effort into them that is needed ….. 
I decided to put the things that demanded more quality minded effort at the top of my list!  This way I would get through those things and do them well when I was fresh first thing in the morning!  I saved the less time consuming things that I could knock out in no time for the end of the day.  This way, my quality was not affected….  Doing it right the first time saves so much time in the long run  …… don’t you think?? 
This can relate to everything in your life. Every moment matters….. the way we do things does matter….. Think about it….. you are in control of your list and you are in control of how you take care of the things on your list. It’s quite empowering really…..   


No comments:

Post a Comment