Monday, September 19, 2011

Life is a Puzzle...

Ever since I can remember, I have always compared my life to a puzzle....... with  happiness being its heart.  I found a poem in my folder that I wrote when I was 16 and was reminded of where it started.  It’s been an incredible personal journey...... Revisiting............................

The Puzzle
I sat down
At my desk
Pieces all around
Trying to figure out the pattern
That would bring them together as one
All colors of the rainbow were lying there for me
To come to a solution and bring them to life, you see.
I picked up one and then another
Until they finally fit
Now, I am happy
But only for a bit
For you see, my creation is not nearly complete
I must go on until ALL the pieces meet
It’s screaming out to me,
I can hear it quite well
“Put me together” it yells
I’m almost finished now
Only three more pieces to go
Here’s one and then another
Oh no!  No more!  It’s gone!
The heart of my creation is lost, nowhere near
It can’t live without a heart, I fear
It’s speaking to me
I hear it quite well
I can’t stop my journey until my puzzle’s heart is found   
I bury my friend deep inside its box
Until another day when a heart can be sought

-Mary E. Dorsett
August 24, 1984






No comments:

Post a Comment