Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

..........rather than continuing with my previous blog post, I feel compelled to write about something else today…….
This day, so many years ago, we were attacked by such evil people and we lost so many precious lives.  It was such a very sad day.  I remember…. I was living in Seattle and I had just arrived at work.  Everyone was gathered around the television.  I didn’t know what was going on and they said we were being attacked!!!!!!  It was the most confusing, lost and helpless feeling…… the overwhelming fear was something I had never felt before. I watched the news and just could not believe what I was seeing…….. I remember thinking how in the world could this be happening????     
All these years later…. I get to celebrate this day!!!  The Lord blessed my family with the most amazing gift ever on September 11, 2010.  My grandson was born!  Awww…. He is the most incredible joy and I am madly in love with him.  Of all the lives we lost on this date so many years ago, we got one BACK with him!!  His smile is contagious….he shines and he lights up the whole world when you are around him! He is an angel sent from God to bless us and for that I am so very thankful!
My daughter and I are taking him to see the ocean today!!! I can’t wait to see him smile…….
To all the families who lost love ones on that tragic day so long ago, my daughter, my grandson and I will be saying a special prayer for you and your families today……We will also be saying extra special prayers for my son, currently serving our country in Afghanistan……… God Bless you all……  

No comments:

Post a Comment