Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Researching Things

From my list, I chose “researching things” for my first drill down.  I had to ask myself why researching motivates me.   Of course, this took a lot of thought and that’s why I am posting so late today.  Really, taking a closer look at how or why something motivates and fuels us isn’t always easy..... we have to dig deep.  Here are the things I came up with.
1)     When I am researching something, I am looking for an answer.  The part that motivates me is “finding the answer.” 
2)    It’s not the work involved in the research that motivates me.  It’s getting to the answer that does the trick.
3)    For me, it’s exciting to get to the bottom of something, prove a point, find a solution and be able to “know” the answer without doubt.
4)    Getting to the answer through research builds my self confidence. 
5)    It makes me more knowledgeable and more credible in my statements. 
6)    It allows me to have conversations on many different levels, building my self esteem in many areas. 
7)    Getting to the answer makes me feel important. 
8)    It makes me feel smart. 
When I look at the hows and whys…. they tell me that I feel better about myself when I am able to research to the end result of finding the answer.  Hummm…. When I feel better about myself, I am a better person….a more productive person.....a happier person.   
WOW! That was great!!!!  Let’s look at another item on the list….   



No comments:

Post a Comment