Friday, September 30, 2011

Helping Others helps ME!

Today I want to drill down on my motivation in “helping others.”  I’ve been thinking about this one for the last few days.  Let’s see:
1)     When I help others, it makes me feel like I am doing the “right” thing.
2)     When I help others, I feel like I am giving back, knowing that without people helping me along my journey, I may not be here today….blogging about helping others.
3)     Helping others keeps me grounded and humbled.
4)     I feel a great sense of personal reward when I encourage smiles.  (Smiles are so contagious and I believe wholeheartedly that we can change someone’s life with a smile…….)
5)     Helping others helps me help myself.  It takes the direct focus off of ME yet it broadens my horizons…..adding depth to who I am as an individual. 
6)     Helping others makes me feel wanted and needed.
7)     Helping others helps me KNOW that I CAN make a difference. 
After much thought, I know that helping others motivates drives and fuels me because it makes me feel good about the person I am ….  Who I strive to be.  It really does help me!!   It’s yet another item on the list that makes me happy and keeps me going strong and positive!
Are you drilling down???   

No comments:

Post a Comment