Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bye Bye Negative...

One of the first decisions I had to make was to get rid of the negative energy in my life!  I had to determine what in my life I was allowing to steal my sunshine!….. what was I enabling?  First I had to own it and then I had to act!
I decided to surround myself with positive influence! Remember when your parents told you to be careful who you were hanging around in high school? There was a reason!  I do believe the people we decide to share our lives with influence us even more than we realize.  If they are happy and positive, we will tend to mirror that and if they are negative and miserable, we will tend to go in that direction as well. Scary, huh?  I do believe it’s true… very true!!!
I decided to protect my space! When people approached me with negative chatter, it was up to me to say “STOP!”  It was up to me to put the brakes on the beginning of a bad day!  It was up to me to decide to be happy every day of my life!  It was all up to me! Once I realized that I was in control of my attitude and my happy, it was the most freeing feeling in the world.  You don’t feel the weight of negative energy when you don’t carry it!    
Now, don’t get me wrong…… bad things are going to happen!  Things will come up and interfere with your day!  The good news is………….we have two choices!!!   We can spend our time complaining and letting them drag us down OR we can spend our time figuring out the most positive way to deal with them and move on!  I choose the latter ….. because every moment matters…... it really does!!!          
People sometimes ask me if I am for real!  They ask me how I can be happy all the time. That’s easy (now)……………… I just say “because I choose to be!”   Did you choose happy today? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment