Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Preparing.......

When I was 12 years old, I fell in love with writing.  I also fell in love with people from all over the world.  Remember the days of “pen to paper?” Well…..  I had over 100 pen pals when I was 12 years old…. I had friends all over the world…..long before my space and face book.  It was so exciting and fulfilling... wrapped around so many stories about far away lands ...culture and diversity.

I look back on that now and know that this creative way of dealing with an alcoholic and abusive father was not only my escape….it was my resolve!   Of all the things I could have done to deal with such a trying situation as a youngster, I found my true passion and for that I am forever thankful. 

Little did I know that one day I would be here with you unraveling the intricacies of timing, purpose, passion, conviction and just listening to that inner voice  guiding me to the place where I find the most peace and comfort ………where things feel so right………… right where I belong…..   




No comments:

Post a Comment