Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Looking Back....

WOW!  As I was digging through my folder of things I had written so many years ago… I came across this.   I wrote this when I was 16….. it confirms that I have been  true to that girl of yester year…..  I am so glad!!!   It made my day!!!!!!!!   I just had to share....... 
______________________________________________________________
My thoughts at 16……..  (26 years later……….For my grandson, Isaiah…… )
I see myself many years from now – maybe sixty or seventy years gone by, leaving me with only memories of so many things.  Some will give me pleasure….some will give me heartache and pain.
Growing old doesn’t scare me at this time in my life.  I enjoy living way too much to worry about aging…and later dying.  I look forward to the years ahead of me.  I want to learn as much as I possibly can between now and my final fate.
Life, to me, is only a stage that all must endure and death, its end, all must accept.
I want to look to the years ahead of me in a positive way….no turning back. I’ve made it this far.  I strive to achieve all of my ambitions, my goals……..the things I’ve always dreamed of doing.
I want to be happy doing the years of work I expect to be doing in my future.  I’m determined to stay young at heart, if not in years. 
You see, I feel age doesn’t have to end being young and free and happy.  I intend to live forever and as long as I am alive, never slowing down, just waiting to die.
And one day, I will tell my grandchildren my stories and the stories I’ve heard over the years and leave behind my words, my thoughts, my dreams… so much of myself for them.  I will never die totally even when the life within my person dies.  I will live on forever within them and the things I left behind….myself. 
- Mary Dorsett -
November 5, 1985 

No comments:

Post a Comment