Friday, October 7, 2011

Roller Coasters Aren't Always Fun!

Ever stopped and wondered why things suddenly happen and send us up a roller coaster track and then things change again and send us crashing down the track............ and then they change again and back up we go .... and then back down... etc... etc....etc....?

Hummm..... ever wonder why things changing suddenly have so much control over us?  I had the opportunity to evaluate this scenario this week and WOW!  what an awesome growth experience!  I was letting things totally beyond my control send me on a roller coaster that I just wanted to get off of.... andddd I am someone who LOVES roller coasters (usually)!!!  

I really had to think about this one and I came to two very simple conclusions.

1) I can't control things beyond my control. (Imagine that!)
2) I can control my reaction to those things. (I have the POWER!)

Bingo!  The sudden changes weren't creating my roller coaster ride.  My reaction to those changes was creating it! Guess what!  I stopped the roller coaster! And, it was GREATTTTTT!!!! 

With that being said, this is not what I had intended to write about for today but everything happens for a reason and I was compelled to share this today.....  Are you on a roller coaster ride that just won't end????  Maybe you needed this today............ if so, I'm so glad I endured the roller coaster this week just to share it  here, like this, today...........................   Remember - YOU are the only one with the power!  You control the BRAKESSSSSSSS!!!  Just stop it!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment