Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chicken Stew for the Young at Heart

I had the best time last night!  My girlfriend invited me to her family’s annual “chicken stew” and I had the pleasure of meeting such a fantastic soul…………….her grandma!    She was 86 years young and such a delight!   

We were chatting about dressing up like 80’s chicks for Halloween and finding a party to go to and we just had to invite her to come along!  She said she’d love to go but she would have to go in a wheel chair because she has a lot of pain to deal with.  We told her we’d love to take her with us ………wheelchair and all!!!!    We all laughed and had such a great time!!

She was such a vibrant lady….  even with a frail body, she was so full of life and spunk!  Her energy was magnetic in the room! 

You know, I thought about her a lot today and was quite inspired….. just thinking about how some people lose that zest for life that she exhibited so well last night ….. and although she was aged in body… her soul was so well defined with youthful vitality….  What a true blessing it was to meet her.

As I was leaving, I gave her a hug and told her she should come along and dance with us..... She would surely be the belle of the ball……………..

Years may age us but our spirit defines us in age……. and I have decided... if I ever have to grow up... I want to be just like her!!!!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment