Monday, November 14, 2011

The Journey... (cont.)

And, then…one day, I just woke up!  I realized I was the culprit!  I was allowing all the ideals of other people to control ME.   After being so unfulfilled for so long, I finally decided there was no way for me to find true peace and happiness unless I found myself again…the real ME.  I needed to find that little girl who longed to write…. to share stories with the world…. to help people…. that’s who I was and that’s who I am.     
After years of being polluted, I STOPPED and looked at myself for the first time in a long time!  I took the time to figure out what I needed to do in order to be happy and to live my life to the fullest…… yes! My life!
Have you ever looked in the mirror and “owned” what you saw!  By that, I mean, have you ever taken the time to STOP and take a close look at who you are and if the person you see in the mirror is the person you want to be?  Well, that’s what I did.  And, WOW!  How eye opening it is when you really see the reflection.  It’s hard and it’s raw……….. and,  it was just what I needed to get back to me!!
I realized that I was a person who spent way too many moments trying to live up to the expectations of everyone else….having very little regard for my own personal goals. I felt programmed into believing I had to be a “certain” way in order to be the person I was destined to be.  Have you ever felt that way??  I know, now,  in order for me to be the best mom, the best partner, the best friend and the best employee, I must be the best ME….. and,  unless I am true to that philosophy, there is no way for me to reach my potential happiness and fulfillment in this life….my life......

No comments:

Post a Comment