Thursday, November 3, 2011

Approaching Life with Gratitude

I was talking with a good friend yesterday and she spoke of approaching life with gratitude!  This was so inspiring to me and I felt compelled to write about it here today....

Are you dwelling on the things in your life that limit your mind to negative energy.... targeting thoughts of complaint and dread.......despair and pain?  Are you so focused on the things you feel are "bad" that all the good things about your life don't seem to exist?  Are you filling your space with influences that generate these kinds of thoughts and encourage this barrier in your life??

We all get down and out sometimes and we just don't know why so many bad things are happening to us!  When this happens to me, I just think about my health.  I am in good health when so many others are stricken with illness.  I think of my family and friends .......the ones I turn to during the low times in my life.  Some people don't have anyone.  They don't have that support system that we all need for encouragement ....... no one to lean on.  I feel so very lucky and blessed and grateful..........    

I always try to channel my energy toward the light.... the good .  When I do this, the bad things just don't seem so bad.  When we give them the power, they take take control.  When we focus our attention of all the great things in our life, being thankful for those things, the bad things seem to lesson and become much easier to deal with. 

I'm sure you have heard "Don't worry... it's going to be okay!"  Well... guess what!!!  It is!  It is!!  Some how .....some way... it all works out exactly the way it's supposed to!  Negativity doesn't change it!  It makes it worse than it really is.

Approaching life with gratitude reminds us how rich we are in all the good things in life and it strengthens us to get through the things that aren't so good. 

Think about it...........smile and be grateful for all the wonderful things in your life.... and remember "It's going to be okay!!!!" 

2 comments:

  1. Very well stated - the power of gratitude for the positives in our lives is priceless. Amie

    ReplyDelete
  2. my grandmother use to say - every day I wake up is a great day and I thank the Lord - every night I fall asleep on my knees thanking him again for every minute of that day - our prayers can bring us much happiness but being the answer to someones else's prayer-joy beyond measure! I miss my Grandmother...but her words and spirit are never far away. Tina :)

    ReplyDelete