Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Journey.... (cont)

I don’t remember the day it happened but I do know that, out of the blue, before I knew it, along came life……… the real world……….a world of social stigmas…… cynicism…. people trying to tell me I wasn’t good enough, my dreams were out of reach……..transforming me……making me think we can only be great if we follow suit……hiding ourselves….. losing ourselves to what others believe to be great! 
For years, I doubted myself, my appearance, my strengths and the way I felt about life in general..............I made it all about other people and what other people dictated in regard to what I should and shouldn’t do in and with my life.  I felt like I had to follow the lead of others who knew more about me, seemingly, than I knew about myself.  I felt like my ideas ….my BIG dreams, were considered a waste of time and there was no need to even think about pursuing them.  After all, I would only fail and look like a fool to all those people who loved me so much and were only trying to help me.  After a while, I was so lost and fearful to go against this controlled society, I just gave up….went along with it…………..became trapped in a world outside of what I dreamed of for myself.........      

No comments:

Post a Comment